In short, then:
1. More productivity. The hands and eyes are really free, so that the employees can concentrate better on performing the tasks.
2. Better quality. Each action is confirmed and then validated by a voice command. It is almost impossible to act more accurately. The quality checks can in any case be carried out less often, which also saves time.
3. Optimized process costs. Paperless processes, higher productivity and a reduced error rate naturally lead to lower costs and a fast payback time (ROI). Also don’t forget the increased satisfaction with your customers thanks to the better delivery process.
4. Satisfaction and acceptance. The ease of use and the clearly better work results also make it much more fun for your employees.
5. More security. Hands-free working and the unobstructed view also make working safer. In countless studies we can read that increased safety can bring many benefits.
Just order picking?
What has surprised us so much lately is that ‘Voice’ has almost become synonymous with voice picking. While there are so many other possibilities to improve processes in the supply chain with this technology. We name a few:
- Goods receipt
- Cross Docking
- Stock replenishment
- Quality control
- Security Checks
And that’s not even all. Voice technology can be used in many places in the distribution center. Have we already got you thinking a bit?